Question
Posted by: Annie | 2019/11/19

Strange sensations

Hi doc. I have a lot of strange sensations that are not painful but bothering me. I get rhis cold wet feeling on my right thigh. Feels like my clothes are wet. Also been getting a burning on my right hand. Feels like I have been stung by something but there isnt anyyhing there. This has been going on for a couple weeks now in the same place. While I have done a lot of searching, I am trying to avoid the worst case scenario of MS. Is there anything else that can cause these symptoms that I could try fix. And if it were to be MS, what is the consequences of not getting it checked. Can it worsen or should I just leave it be? And if I should do something, do I just go to my GP to explain? Do they then refer you on to someone else? I am only 39 and have 2 children and lead a very busy work life. I want to do the best for us all.

- 2019/11/20

Hi Annie
Please go to the GP for a check-up. It might not be MS, it could be nerves that are impinged or inflamed. The best would be to just make sure though. The earlier the diagnosis is made (of whatever it might be) the better because then something can be done. Good luck.