Question
Posted by: | 2018/05/22

Resignation period

Hi, I am working for a company more than four years now. I went on full paid maternity leave given that I work now and then which I did. I now want to resign. Can I resign with a notice period of two weeks? They don't seem to need me anymore. What will be the repocussions for me?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2018/05/24

RE: Resignation period

You have to give notice period in terms of The Basic Conditions of Employment Act which is 30 days or in terms of your employment contract if it is more than the 30 days.  If you don't give that proper notice they could issue a civil summons against you.