Question
Posted by: | 2020/07/03

Rectal foreign body

I keep thinking there is a foreign body in my anus or rectum and I can’t remember if I put it in my anus. if there actually was a foreign body in my anus or rectum would I feel anything and can I have a foreign body in my rectum without any symptoms? I was holding a Bobby pin in my hand and I can’t remember where I put it, so I think it has gone into my anus or rectum, do I need to get an X-ray or any other medical imaging even though I don’t have any symptoms?

- 2020/07/16

If you had a pin in your anus you would feel sharp pain. I am not sure if you are in the habit of putting things into your anus. If so, they would generally come out when you pass stools. If you have no symptoms, it is unlikely that there is a foreign body.