Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2018/02/23

Recovery time for acute pancreatitis

Hi I was diagnosed with moderate acute pancreatitis a month ago and spent a week in hospital. My abdomen is still feeling a bit tender and when I saw the gastroenterologist earlier this week, I forgot to ask him how long this would last before I should get concerned. How long does it normally take to recover fully and not have any symptoms? Thanks

- 2018/02/25

Hi Patricia, 

It could take up to six weeks from the start of the episode. If the pain becomes worse, then you should go back to the doctor. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!