Question
Posted by: Michael P | 2020/02/26

Recently came off of 2 weeks bed rest due to pneumonia

This started with a visit to the ER with what was diagnosed as a pleurisy. A couple days later the pain subsided and the brunt of the pneumonia kicked in. Almost two weeks of essentially being bed-ridden and barely eating, I finally started to feel better. Now it has been a couple of weeks since this and I am noticing some odd issues. The first is that both of my legs constantly feel tired, and one of them often times feels like it is falling asleep. At night I will also experience cramps on the side of my calf muscle. In addition to this I constantly feel...woozy would be the best word for me to describe. The biggest change that I have noticed is that I lost a significant amount of weight while I was sick, and am now at my lightest in over 20 years. I am diabetic and am wondering if the sudden weight loss could be causing what I am experiencing as I generally feel as if my entire system has been thrown out of whack.

- 2020/03/03

Hi Michael

As you said, you have been very ill and your whole immune system took a lot of strain. You will definitely feel tired, woozy, exhausted and a lot of other things as well. It is important to just discuss your diabetic medication with your doctor, because the weight loss can influence the absorption of the medication, and you might need less medication. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.