Question
Posted by: | 2018/01/22

Puisies op gesig om mond

Hii My gesig het puisies om my mond gekry en nou is van dit weg en dan is daar merke ook wat moet ek doen???

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2018/01/23

Thank you for the question and my apologies for answering in English but my Afrikaans is not great.

From your description it seems you have developed pigmentation marks as a result of the acne lesions and the break out you experienced. This form of pigmentation is known as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and it can be difficult to treat. We may only be able to get some lightening and not complete resolution.

Your best approach would be to see a dermatologist who can examine the skin and decide on the best treatment options. This can include a skin care topical regime, IPL, laser, Dermapen MD, etc.

Generally speaking a good topical skin regime would include the following:

Sunscreen: a SPF 30 or higher should be used daily irrespective of the weather and it must contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. Good options include the Heliocare 360 Oil Free Gel but there are numerous other sunscreens that you can consider.

Depigmenting ingredients: here my 2 favourites are retinol (or vitamin A) to be used at night and vitamin C to be used in the morning combined with other depigmenting ingredients such as Kojic acid, arbutin, etc.

There are numerous brands that offer these ingredients but typically my advice would be to look for the doctor prescribed cosmeceutical brands.

I hope the above has helped

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic