Posted by: Chris | 2019/11/20

Problems with multiple skin issues

Hello I am a 29 year old male 5'10 weight 165lbs. I recently went to the doctors office because I have been having to urinate once every hour and it has been foamy and looked cola colored once. However it seems I also have other skin issues at the same time that based off of symptoms seem to be 1) seborrheic dermatitis as I have flakes in my eyebrows and rashes on the right side of my face that both burn when I use nizoral or other dandruff shampoos. 2) oral thrush as I have white coating on my tongue, it hurts to brush it, tastes bad and I have a pain in the right side of my throat when swallowing food. 3) athletes foot/tinea as I have mocassin style athletes foot with the rash on both of my heels and each of my toes and it smells whenever I start to sweat but that same rash is also on the palms of both my hands. When I went to the doctors he had me take the following tests (CBC, CMP, Lipid panel, TSH and random urinalysis) he reported to me that all tests came back fine and within normal range. So what would cause all of these skin infections and I notice that when one flares up all the other including the need to urinate flare too. Lastly assuming I am correct about having these diseases based off symptoms, I read in many cases for them an oral anti-fungal is required, but is there one type of anti-fungal that would eliminate all three or do I need separate anti-fungals for each one as that does not sound very good for ones body.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc
- 2019/11/20

Hi Chris
I agree, although it is not possible to diagnose over the internet, that your symptoms sound as if you have a fungal infection. One oral anti-fungal should be able to help with all of the above symptoms, but you will need a prescription from your doctor. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon. 

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.