Question
Posted by: Cleo | 2019/10/07

Probiotics for SIBO

Good day Which probiotic would you recommend for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)? I have been told that lactobacilllus and Bifidobacterium can exacerbate this issue. Thanks

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/10/10

Hi Cleo
For SIBO diagnosed with a microscopic procedure of your small intestine NO taking of pro biotics is recommended This condition is treated by anti biotics and an elemental diet The best will be to consult your doctor for the best medical treatment For nutrition - contact a dietitian in your area She can design an eating plan for all meals and snacks including weekends that will also fit into your lifestyle. The space allowed on this platform unfortunately does not allow me to do this