Question
Posted by: Nokulunga S | 2019/01/15

Pregnancy at work

I am 7 months pregnant and I have never been sick relating to my pregnancy. Last week I felt very ill, after a few hours I asked if I can leave earlier as I wasn't well. I was told that I am now one of those ladies who are always sick when pregnant and that the other ladies who were pregnant before was never sick and people will start complaining if I leave early. Is this discrimination or do they have a valid point?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2019/01/17

re: Pregnancy at Work

They cannot discriminate against you because you genuinely feel ill.  If you take off more than 2 days in a six week window then get a medical certificate.