Question
Posted by: | 2019/11/10

Is my weight gain possible pregnancy?

Hi there I think I am pregnant. My period is two days late and I keep getting faint lines on pregnancy tests I didn't know I was pregnant and had a chest xray a week and a half ago. I also had laser on my toe nails for fungus and took a worm medication tablet a couple of days ago. I am very worried about having an unhealthy pregnancy and I am feeling very overwhelmed. I am also overweight. My bmi is just over 26. I am worried about the additional weight gain. I think I am generally just terrified right now. Is it possible to loose weight with a dietician and not gain so much. Thanks very much

- 2019/11/12

The chest Xray and laser should not be a problem if you are pregnant.  In terms of work medication, it would depend which one.

It is certainly recommended that you eat healthily in pregnancy and not gain excessive weight. A dietitian would be able to help you with this.