Question
Posted by: Chrizel | 2018/06/12

Pregnancy and peanut allergy of dad

I'm 29 weeks pregnant. My husband is allergic to peanuts. Baby just started kicking like crazy when I had peanut butter. Is it possible for baby to be allergic to peanuts? Or is it just a coincidence. Please provide advice, I'm worried.

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/06/22

Babies can become sensitised to peanut after birth through handling the skin after touching peanuts. This can occur before they have ever eaten peanuts. The peanut allergy usually manifests after birth with rashes and hives and less likely to present in utero with increased intra-uterine activity.