Question
Posted by: | 2017/10/23

Possible erectile dysfunction or just mental problem?

I am a 24 yr old male. I barely started having sex about a month ago and i have a hard time getting and keeping my erection. I use to watch porn and masturbate 2-3times a week before and i had no problem getting erection. I really like this girl but afraid she might leave me as she told me that she gets turned off most of the times because i can't stay turned on and shes not interested in sex anymore. She told me that she loved sex with her ex. I talked about this with her and she says, " its okay i wont leave you." But i can tell that she is starting to get disappointed. I dont know if i should leave her so atleast she can have a better sex life or seek help first. I get normal erections throughout the day and night, but have a hard time when i try to have sex with her. I am not sure if I'm dealing with erectile dysfunction or just a mental problem. I do think a lot about what if she dont like it with me, am i pleasing her right, am i lasting long enough, and all sort of things. She told me how sex was with her ex and how he always made her happy. So i do think about that to if im keeping her happy. I feel very stressed thinking about it as i dont want to lose her, but i really dont know what to do at this point.

- 2017/11/27

It sounds as if you have developed performance anxiety as for your girl friend's critical stance and her frequent comments about how wonderful sex with her ex was. 

Spend some quality, non-sexual time with her before sex. Bathe or shower beforehand. Be patient with yourself. Breathe deeply. Enjoy some whole-body sensual touch. Dream up vivid erotic fantasies. Ask for the kinds of penis stroking you enjoy. And remain patient with your penis. Your erection should return. Trust it.