Question
Posted by: Holly | 2019/05/09

Porn obsession

Hi Dr. I am a 24 year old female who is obsessed with female masturbating porn videos and most of the time when I watch them I masturbate, is this normal? I have a boyfriend but we do not live together, he also watches the porn with me and I found him watching gay porn the other day I know this was meant to be about me but this is another question I wanted to ask you. I think my boyfriend may be bi or gay but I don't care that much I just wanted to know if this is normal? He stares at other men in the street but I used to think that he was just envious of their muscles or something I know that sounds kind of stupid but I just thought it was normal. Please help. Thank you in advance,  Holly

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2019/05/16

He may find other men attractive, and still want to be with you. Although, this may not be what the greater percentage of heterosexual couples experience, it is not abnormal. 

When you say obssessed, do you mean that you addicted to porn in a way that it gets in the way of your social, professional and other important activities. Is it taking over? Or is it that it is your preferred type of porn?

If it is an addiction, write back, and I can guide you on the first steps of breaking an addiction.