Question
Posted by: X | 2019/10/16

Pleural effusion remains

I had pleural effusion along with cardiac tampenade due to a virus and was treated in hospital. It is nearly three months since my discharge from hospital and the pleural effusion, although reduced, is still there. My heart and lung function is now normal but I am worried about the fluid. Why isn’t my doctor worried and why isn’t he treating it?

- 2019/10/21

You were very ill and it is great that you made such an awesome recovery. Sometimes, the pleural effusion resolves on its own. If you feel discomfort or shortness of breath, rather go back to your doctor as soon as possible. Good luck.