Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/16

Periods After Stopping Depo

I'm 40 and was given depo to treat my endo and uterine fibroids. I had one depo injection which lasted for 3 months and decided not to carry on with it due to constant spotting and bleeding. I got the injection on 1st April and now by 16th Sept I bleed for 3 weeks and stop for 1 each month. Is this normal? Is my body still readjusting after the shot? When can I expect things to come right? Before the shot I had a regular 28 day cycle and bled for 3-4 days!

- 2019/09/18

Unfortunately it can take a while for your body to readjust. I would suggest that you see your doctor about this. Sometimes the Pill is prescribed to regulate the cycle until the Depo has worn off.