Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2019/07/31

Painful swollen breasts and glands under arms

Hi Doc, had sex during my period didnt use condoms. about 3 days after my period stopped, both my breasts began feeling tender. Its been 3 weeks and gradually my boobs and the glands under my armpits have gotten very sore. (esp the gland under my left arm - both glands however are sore, but left one is very sore - i have had to take panados every day) My period is only due in 4 days, but i went for a blood pregnancy test a few days back and it came out neg. i did a urine test first thing in the morning 2 days ago, and still negative. What should i do? Wait for my period to arrive or be late and then see a dr? What could be causing this if its not pregnancy?

- 2019/08/02

Pregnancy symptoms don't usually start until you have missed a  period, so I would suggest that you wait until the day that your period is due and test if it does not start. Sore breasts are often hormonal.