Question
Posted by: Lynne Philip | 2018/06/16

Pain after hemi-colectomy

Hi, I had a laparoscopic right hemi-colectomy 2 and a half weeks ago. I had my staples out on Wednesday 2 weeks later. I am experiencing pain underneath the main incision which was done on my navel. Is it normal to have this and is it just part of the healing process? I have to be careful of how I move to prevent the pain getting worse.

- 2018/06/19

Hi Lynne

The wound should be feeling better by now, it is possible that there is a hernia or infection in the wound, so I suggest that you rather go back to the surgeon or even to your GP just to make sure. Good luck.