Question
Posted by: | 2019/05/17

POST MENOPAUSAL BELLY FAT

I would like to know if it possible to lose belly fat after 60 with the right diet and exercise. I always had a flat stomach, even after 3 kids; but when menopause hit after 50 I developed this ugly tummy and my whole body changed shape. I am actually contemplating plastic surgery.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/07/07

Thank you for contacting us. To reduce your fat cells around your tummy you need to follow a calorie restricted diet. All food and drinks provide our bodies with calories. Our bodies only burn fat if your calorie intake is less than what you burn or need everyday. Having to loose weight in certain areas is a complex process as it is not only the types of foods that you consume but also the quantities and timing of meals. The best advice would be to consult with a dietitian for an individualized eating plan where he/ she will calculate your calorie intake that you will need to achieve the results. To find a registered dietitian near you visit www.adsa.org.za