Question
Posted by: T. M. | 2019/03/18

Oraquick at 4 weeks

My Partner and I were having protected vaginal sex.During the act, my partner noticed that the condom had completely come off. It was not inside me but on the bed. We are not for sure how long the condom was off. He put on another condom and we attempted to continue. However, due to the condoms that he bought, there was no ejaculation. I've taken an oraquick oral swab at 4 weeks and the results were negative. Would this be a good indicator of my status and do I need to take another test at 12 weeks? Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question.

- 2019/04/08

Do you know the HIV status of your partner? If he is HIV positive, then it would be better to have taken post-exposure prophylaxis right away. The oraquick test is sensitive, so it means that if the test is positive, you can be reasonably sure that you have the disease, but this will always have to be confirmed with a blood test. I suggest that you test again at 12 weeks. Good luck.