Question
Posted by: | 2019/06/14

One cough, all of the time.

My son is 50 years old and all day long keeps doing a one cough (I don't know how else to describe it). After he has been talking and eating but it is going on all day long. He isn't having any trouble breathing but it is so frequent I wondered if he needs to be checked by a doctor. Thank you

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/06/18

Common causes of this pattern of cough would include chronic rhinitis which a post-nasal drip, acid coming up the food pipe, and sometimes some medications.  You need to consult your doctor to look into these possibilities and appropriately treat them.  If it's still an issue, then he should see a pulmonologist or an ENT doctor experienced in dealing with allergies.