Question
Posted by: Brenda | 2018/11/21

Excess mucus

On antibiotics for excess mucus in sinus with cough on antibiotics 1 day. Dr said more likely due to smoke from fires but if cold what are odds I’ll be not contagious on Thursday? Lungs were clear from mucus. My mucus is clear, I have no fever. Can I still be contagious?

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2018/11/22

This might simply be allergic rhinitis with post-nasal drip. On the other hand, it could be a bit of a head cold.  If you are contagious, you've infected people already.  Given that it's several days already, it's unlikely that you are contagious any more.  You seem to have a chronic cough together with a chest infection.  I would advise you to have a chest x-ray and make sure that it's nothing more than a simple chest infection.  If it is a simple bacterial chest infection, antibiotics more than 5 years if of dubious value.