Question
Posted by: Sibusiso | 2018/02/19

Numbers reading high

My numbers read like 150/97 some days. On other days 117/75. I'm an athlete with 5 Comrades marathons and many other ultra and smaller marathons under my belt. I'm 52 years going for 53 and exercise regularly. Should I be concerned? I don't smoke, light drinker and moderate stress some days.

Expert ImageHypertension expert
- 2018/02/20

The high values are worrisome. Are some days more stressful /traffic / alcohol the previous night / bad sleeping? Try and work out the cause, because this is difficult to treat for if you start tablets, on some days the BP will then end up too low. Please keep a diary. You may write again then.