Question
Posted by: | 2018/05/24

No wages paid

I have joined the company in March as a Ops Manager. My boss still have not given me a probation or temp contract even though he said he will. We agreed that he will pay me every two weeks. But it is now the second time that I have to literally beg for my wages. He has not paid me for the last 3 weeks and if I ask him for my wages he gets aggressive and verbally abusive telling me that I should request my wage a week in advance. Or he totally ignores my request and humiliate me in front of other staff and customers. He takes UIF from the other staff (not from me) but I have not seen any written proof that he actually pay it over to Dep of Labour. What should I do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2018/05/25

re: No Wages Paid

You in fact are entitled by law to have a contract of employment.  You need to report this to the Department of Labour.
Once you have a contract then you would have a specific date on which you get paid.
If you have doubts about the UIF again you need to contact the Department of Labour.

1
Posted by: Casey | 2018/05/25

You can contact the Department of Labour in regards to the non-payment of wages. You can also ask the Department of Labour to investigate if he pays the UIF over that was deducted.

Reply to Casey