Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/27

No sexual desire

I don't get turned on when I'm having sex with my husband and I don't know why. We've been married for 5 years, and while I don't dislike sex, I just don't have any desire for it. It's not stress, anxiety or relationship problems, I just simply don't get physically aroused. I have sex with my husband because I know he needs it, but I get no pleasure from it. We don't do a lot of foreplay, but even when we do I sometimes wish he would just get it "over and done with". I've tried several things - trying to force my mind to think that I enjoy it, trying not to think at all and just focus on the sensation, stimulating myself before, trying to figure out what I might like - but nothing works. I don't want to talk to my husband about it because I'm worried that he would feel like I am not attracted to him or that he is doing something wrong. A few weeks ago we went away for a weekend and left the kids with my parents. It gave us the opportunity to get a bit drunk and we had the best sex we've had in years. So I know it physically possible for me to get aroused, but unfortunately I can't get drunk everytime to have good sex. Is there any medication that I can take to improve my libido? I don't want to have sex just because it is my duty as wife and I don't want to fake it anymore.

1
Posted by: Johan | 2019/10/02

I really do hope you get sorted and that you can also enjoy it. I just want to congratulate you as you are a real gem and your husband can be proud of you. so many women sit with the same issue, but rather live that lie as supposed to change or make a change for the better.

Reply to Johan