Question
Posted by: Linar | 2019/05/27

No period and Not pregnant

Hi Please advise me. Period is 7 DAYS late. Done PT twice all negative. My breast was really sore and sensitive but getting better now, Had backache with cramps occassionally. I would like to know if I can use Primolut N to bring the period then use clomid or metformin afterwards. I am really and seriously TTC

- 2019/06/03

Hi Linar,

If you have been using medication like Clomid for ovulation induction, this can be a cause of menstrual irregularities. I would advise that you maybe repeat the pregnancy test in a week if still no period. Thereafter if still negative you can induce your bleed with medication and restart medication for ovulation induction. Considering the fact that you have been prescribed clomid and/or metformin I am assuming that you have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome as a contributing cause of your infertility. Depending on your duration of infertility and how long you have been using ovulation induction medication, it may be time for you to consider seeing a specialist and perhaps a full work-up and further treatment.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed