Question
Posted by: Mary | 2019/03/12

No period after emergency contraceptive pill

Had unprotected sex when on 23rd Feb when my calender was indicating "medium chance of pregnancy". Was supposed to have my period on 5-8th March. I am experiencing an 8 days delay of periods. However, I still get period symptoms(Stomach discomfort, Backache) which are on and off. What could be happening? Thank you

- 2019/03/25

Dear Mary,

It is not unusual for you to have a delayed period after using the morning after pill, however if your period is more than 2-3 weeks late, it is advisable that you take a pregnancy test.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed