Question
Posted by: | 2018/10/22

No longer losing weight

I started healthy eating and exercise. I have PCOS. 40 Year Old Female, 160cm and weigh 75.9kg. I have been stuck on the same weight for the past 2 months. I have an Egg and 1 Crackerbread for Breakfast. Chicken and Veg for Lunch. 1 Protein, 3 Tablespoons of Basmati Rice and Veg for Supper. Snacks are 1 Small Low fat yoghurt and 2 pieces of fruit. I walk 5 days a week and achieve 10 000 most days. What is my goal weight and is there anything you can suggest to start losing weight again? Thank you.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2018/11/01

PCOS is a complicated condition and hormone levels could be imbalanced and therefore influence your weight loss as well. Would be good to check your vitamin D levels as well. However from your question above, if your fruit is two pieces of an apple or is it 2 apples? and I am not sure what 1 Protein means - 1 Serving or 1 Unit? You are doing well with your exercise, keep going. But I believe one may need to look at the type of Proteins you are consuming for PCOS and also your portion consumption, may be for suitable for weight maintenance vs weight loss. Ideally your upper weight range is approximately 64kg according to BMI. If you need assistance with your portion control please contact your nearest Dietitian who has special interest in PCOS at www.adsa.org.za