Posted by: | 2019/03/19

No feelings in my vagina

Hi Doc I’m 28, and I have been sexually active since I was 20. I’m just concerned that I have hardly enjoyed sex, I don’t feel anything in most cases and this has been a problem throughout my previous partners. I do however come when I masturbate, I was just hoping intercourses would bring the same feeling as well. My partner and I do foreplay but it hasn’t helped. What would be the first step to get this checked out by a professional? Is it normal?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc
- 2019/03/25

If you want to see a professional, I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.

The vagina actually has very little feeling. It is the clitoris that provides sensation and orgasms. As you do achieve orgasm when you masturbate, this suggests that nothing is wrong. It is just a question of getting your partner to stimulate the right area.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.