Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2018/11/06

Never been on diet, constipated and need to loose 14kg

I have never been on a diet. Since 40 I have stopped walking as exercise since I moved to a desert town where it is too hot outside. Since 44 years old I have been piling on weight. I am now 50 years old and constipated. Kindly recommend diet to loose 14kg. Will I loose weight by walking on a tredmill? MY BMI = 28 HEIGHT = 1.63 WEIGHT = 76 KG. Excellent overall health otherwise. BLOOD PRESSURE PULSE SUGER CHOLESTEROL IRON = Normal. Thank you. Kind regards

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/01/07

Walking early morning adn late afternoon (when it is cooler) will help significant for the constipation as well as drinking 6 glasses of water  For weight loss 70 % of the effort is food What but also how much when and why we eat need to taken in consieration You need to cut your calorie intake The best will be to contct www.adsa.org.za for a dietitian to calculate an individualised plan that suits your lifestyle She can also assit in adherence to the plan strict enough to achive a positive outcome