Question
Posted by: | 2019/11/07

Need to gain weight

Since September 2018 till now I have lost about 10kg. My eating habits have not changed or my diet. Have been for blood tests, CT scans, Chest X-Rays, colonoscopy and gastroscopy and Doc's can find nothing wrong. My breast cancer has been in remission for 7 years now - had a double mastectomy in 2010. I am at my wits end as I cannot get over 45kg. I used to weigh 58kg. I am 58 years of age and I find this very disturbing that no Doctor is able to tell me what the problem is.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/11/14

It is difficult to gain weight on your You need to increase your calorie intake with approximately 600 calories per day in order to gain any weight The best will be to contact a dietitian www.adsa.org.za that can calculate an eating plan (treasfer the needed calories in appropritae meals and snacks) that suits your lifestyle budget and food preferences The plan needs to be practical and easy to follow as it will take a while to gain the 10 kg back