Question
Posted by: Atakan BORAL | 2019/11/07

My whole body itches for 3-4 years, please help.

Hello, I am from Turkey. I am 17 years old. For 3-4 years, when I get excited, when I'm stressed and when I move from a cold to a warm environment, my whole body itches when I walk in the cold. I used a lot of antihistamines, cortisol. Even though I used some drugs with special permission, there was no solution for my illness. I don't know if it's an allergy. I'm also not sure exactly but it is close to the start of winter and is happening much more often in winter. I mean, it's not cold urticaria, and I'm having a lot of it in the summer. I can't go out anymore, please help.

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2019/12/19

You seem to be suffering from Physical Urticaria, which is not an allergy but sudden environmental changes can stimulate the release of histamine in the skin resulting in urticarial wheals. Some individuals react to sudden cold, heat, pressure on the skin, exercise, vibration, and sunshine (polymorphic light eruption). Try to avoid these triggers and take non-sedating antihistamines such as cetirizine, loratidine or fexofenadine if you anticipate exposure.