Posted by: Annie | 2019/08/21

Depression, paranoia schizophrenia with combined GAD. Help!

My question is what is wrong with me. Do I have major depression, paranoia schizophrenia or do I have GAD? As a child, I wanted to play with children, but I could only play with one child at a time. It always looked if I was jealous if there was another friend, but that was not really the reason. I never knew what to talk about, because I was always scared of what other people would think. I remember one time I had to say a poem in front of judges and I panicked, but my mother said I must say the poem. In Grade 4 I was taken to the principal's office where I yelled at him. That was because my mom picked me up earlier from sports. I never really had true friends. In high school, it got worse. Sometimes I was alone at breaks. To cut to the chase I fell pregnant, got married, because I had to, got divorced. I never really learned how to communicate. In 2010 I got diagnosed with major depressive disorder. In 2012 I got diagnosed with paranoia schizophrenia with combined GAD. I never really like to be around many people. It makes me tired, but on the other hand, I would really like to communicate with more people. My dogs is my best friends.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink
- 2019/08/22

Hi Annie,
Well, dogs and cats are sincere and don't lie, which is better than some people !  The only way to get a good diagnosis is to see a good psychiatrist or psychologist for a full face-to-face assessment, and a discussion of his / her opinion.
From what little I can see from what you describe, this doesn't particularly sound like schizophrenia, paranoids or otherwise, or major depression, or a major anxiety disorder.  It sounds more like a group of personality problems and difficulties in relationships, which are usually better dealt with by a psychologist in proper counselling, than by medications. 
So it might be useful for you to see a good local psychologist for a thorough assessment and a discussion of your treatment options. 
Some of us are very fond of spending time with other people, some of us are loners and just don't particularly enjoy that, and prefer our own company.
A psychologist, in counselling, could help you to clarify the specific difficulties you have been experiencing, and help you to learn to communnicate more effectively and enjoyably with other people.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.