Question
Posted by: Cameron | 2018/09/23

My face is more asymmetrical than the average person

My face is more asymmetrical than the average person because I had extreme anxiety from homeschooling over the past two years. It caused me to have a bad posture so my left side is very underdeveloped. Will fixing my posture fix my asymmetry or should I treat it professionally? I am 17 now. I really hope the damage is not permanent because my face never used to be asymmetrical. I'd always get compliments on my looks and now I don't.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones
- 2018/09/26

Hi Cameron

Your posture would not really have anything to do with your facial asymmetry. Most of us do have some form of facial asymmetry, but you can discuss this with your doctor who can examine you and see whether this needs further investigation.