Question
Posted by: Zelda | 2019/03/25

My boyfriend is lately very moody and highly irretable

My boyfriend is 51, and has been working away for 4 months, he has now been back for 2 weeks and now lately gets very moody, highly irritable towards me and others but only takes it out on me and can be very nasty towards me. He has also told me that he feels a loss of energy and has lost his sex drive which makes me think he might be going through "male menopause"??? The first week he was back everything was just fine and now everything is just wrong and i don't know how to approach the subject with him. Please help

- 2019/03/26

Hi Zelda,
Male menopause isn't usually a useful concept.  It sounds more likely that there are different issues arising. Maybe stressful problems at work ( many men don't like talking about this ) ; maybe depression, a common problem.
Maybe it'd help to talk sympathetically, trying not to make it sound as though you're in any way criticizing him ( again, men especially are sensitive to that ) but perhaps emphasizing that it is so good to have him back home, and the first week was so good, but now you're worried that he seem so irritable, though you don't man to irritate him : and ask if he could help you to understand what's troubling him, and if there is any way in which you could help.