Question
Posted by: Nicola | 2018/01/16

My 7 year old Ridgeback seems to have stiff muscles in his hip

BACKGROUND.INFO My 7 year old had a hernia repair op last year and was neutered. After the op te his intestines protrude after having a bowel movement, however it does go back by itself. My main concern is that he always jumped on the bed. Now he hesitates. It is as if his hip muscles are stiff. It seems as if he got "old" after being neutered. His bladder also leaked a bit so our vet started giving him hormone injections in Dec. What can I give him for joint supportand stiff muscles

- 2018/01/17

Hi Nicola. The best will be to contact your vet for advice - he/she will be able to recommend the best treatment.