Question
Posted by: Amy | 2018/07/18

Methotrexate and menstrual cycle

Diadnosed with RA in April 2018 and on methtreaxate and plamoquine since April 2018, I am 43 yrs. My irregular cycle now seems to have stabilized and I have had a cycle every 3 weeks for 5 days, my concern is that my breasts have been really sensitive and tender since starting the above medication. I do not have any days when they are not sensitive even while bleeding. Should i be concerned or is it just a side effect to the treatment? Is there any data available on the medication and female hormones?

- 2018/07/19

Breast tenderness is not listed as a side effect of either of these medications. I would suggest that you check your breasts carefully for lumps, consider a mammogram, and try using Evening primrose oil.