Question
Posted by: BB | 2019/11/03

Mental and Physical Health issue

I did not have an exact question as there are too many. Last years I have been in hospital 4 times. 3 no medical reasons found where I ended up in ICU, felt like am losing control and going to die. Started with extreme tiredness, then literally lost control and feeling in my hand, legs, face. Blacked out and blood pressure went sky high. Non stop body tremors. Doc did not say anything but the meds (Azor/Indoblok/ Bloodpressure tab/ Trazodone) did - severe depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Last hospitalization (March) was H.Pylori as I started vomiting blood. Release after 3 days. For a month or I was okay but started to bring up anything I eat or drink. Since April/May this has been my life. Lost 15kg so far and feel I am going crazy. Dietician made suggestions so now ended up drinking lactose free milk with replacement shake and that is it. Anything else I try 95% of the time comes out. I am miserable. The anxiety comes and goes, sleepless nights or sleeping 14 - 16 hours, headaches, still have body tremors and feel like a burden. I have been seeing my therapist and even then get anxious of the thought that she has to cancel for some reason. Work doesn't help (hate my job). I don't know what to do.

- 2019/11/04

Hello BB,
What more can I say ?  It's clear that whatever else might be going on, severe anxiety is an important part of the problems.  When anxiety presents itself with noticeable physical symptoms, it can start to be managed by general physicians, even surgeons, and MUST be properly assessed, in such a complex situation, by a real specialist psychiatrist, who needs to assess the whole situation, and make a comprehensive diagnosis, and a serious treatment plan, tailored to the particular individual. rather than a routine one-size fits all plan.
In my long experience, for the plan to be successful, though it may well include the careful use of medications, it MUST include skillful psychological counselling / psychotherapy, preferably of the business-like and scientifically well established CBT variety. This should not be the wishy-washy psychoanalytical type endless counselling, but focused from  the start on giving the person autonomy / independence, and the ability to regain control over their anxiety and the range of symptoms it has been producing.
An experienced therapist / counsellor will be aware of the avoidable risk of letting someone become too dependent on them, and will emphasize individual power and freedom.