Question
Posted by: | 2019/12/03

Menstrual cramps on left side

I was diagnosed through ultrasound with adenmyosis (sp?) a few months ago but failed to mention to my doctor that my cramping is really only on my left side. Is this common with this condition? Should I get a second opinion?

- 2019/12/03

Pain and tenderness are the usual symptoms of adenomyosis. Pain is not always localised to exactly where the uterus is and can be felt at different sites. I presume that if you had a  scan, other problems such as cysts would have been seen. You don't say what treatment your doctor suggested, but I would suggest that you first see if this helps.