Question
Posted by: Erika Rosslind | 2018/11/13

Menopause weight and estrogen

I am 56 years old and want to urgently lose the extra 5kgs I have gained through menopause. I know this doesn't seem like a lot, but I feel uncomfortable. I also need to urgently balance my estrogen levels. What can I use?

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/01/07

Hi Erika the nbest stategy to balace hormone levels due to menopause is to consult with a doctor, as it is not only estrogen but also progesterone that need s to taken in consideration  To loose weight even 5 kg you need to restrict your calorie intake This implicates controlling the types of foods eaten the quantity the times as well as consider why we eating should snacking too much be a problem What we drink and not drink is also important The best will be to consult with a dietitian that can calculate an individulaized eating plan based on the necessary calories to facilitate fat burning Contact www.adsa.org.za