Question
Posted by: Don | 2018/11/15

Maximising my results

Hi I am a 40yr old male. I currently do Crossfit training +/- 3/4 times a wk. I give it my all in every session. I have lost 9cm around my waist in 10 wks & gained fitness and strength. I am good with my diet. I eat an average of -551 calories. I find that sometimes I just battle to get that real explosiveness in my workouts. How can I fix this? Also, what more can I do to lose another 3-4 cm around my waist?

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/01/07

Hi Don 

To loose the another 3 to 4 cm around your waist means that you need to follow your 551 calorie diet for another 3 to 4 weeks strictly. It seems that you lose 1 cm a week For explosiveness you need to look at the type and quantity of carbohydrates you consume through out the day as well as before and after training as this regulates your energy levels The best will be to consult with a dietitian that specilize in sports nutrition She can calculate an individulaized plan keeping the calories as low as current but indicating the  type and quantity of carbs you should be taking Contact www.adsa.org.za