Question
Posted by: | 2018/07/22

Masturbation

I got caught masturbating by my mother and I feel embarrassed about it. What should I do ?

- 2018/07/23

OK, yes, likely to be embarrassing in any circumstances, but it doesn't have to be devastating.  Pretty well everybody masturbates, though most pretend they don't, because they have been mistakenly taught that it is abnormal, or  rare, or harmful in some mysterious way. Yes, it's good manners to do it in private, like many other perfectly normal and healthy behaviours, like going to the toilet.
Your mother's reaction will probably depend on her own attitudes and experience, and her upbringing.  She should be calm and accepting about it, maybe a little regretful if he didn't knock before opening the door, or however else she happened on you. It is important to give children and young folks respect and privacy.
So firstly don't blame yourself for doing something normal and healthy.  As for Mom, you know her better than I do. She may prefer to pretend that nothing happened and that she saw nothing, and that's fine. If she wants to talk about it, you can just say that you're sorry if she was embarrassed, as you yourself was embarrassed, but that you understand that it is normal and common and nothing for either of you to worry or be upset about.