Question
Posted by: | 2019/01/17

Lovers, business partners, now exes

I have been in a relationship for about 5 years, give and take a few months. We moved in together after the 1st year. Year 1 we started a business together where I was the customer service rep and he would provide the service. Things have been going okay until recently when we have been arguing quite a lot and we both knew the breakup was inevitable, we were however still staying in the same house, until he moved out. About 2 weeks ago, he had a meeting with a girl from his church, which happened on a Monday and by the Friday they were in a relationship. I'm okay if he is no longer with me but I've asked him not to bring the person to the business considering that I am also here. And knowing full well that when I found out he was already with her. So we broke up on the Thursday and the Friday he was officially dating her, she did the same thing to her boyfriend. His response was that as major shareholder he can do what he wants. She comes in to charge her phone, laptop and then suddenly I get told. "Don't come to the office she is here".I've asked him to keep it professional but clearly he is too much in love. Apparently he says that she is so perfect that she can be an angel and after a week he is in love with her. Anyway, today he said that he is uncomfortable and we need to decide what to do. When I suggested that I will leave and do my own thing he was Pro this decision. What angers me is that he will give up a business partner for his gf knowing full well he has only been with her for a week. We have a good business and don't want to jeopardise my role but cant work under these conditions.

- 2019/01/19

Love makes fools of even really intelligent people ; infatuation ( which this sound like ) even more so.  He is likely to find, sooner or later, that he is mistaken here ( genuine angels remarkably rarely bother to pause for relationships with mortals ). 
That she comes into the business on such feeble excuses as to re-change her phone ( she has no electricity at home, or is too unintelligent to manage this on her own ? ) strongly suggests this is being one in order to annoy you : ( if you consult a labour lawyer, it might almost amount to Constructive Dismissal, which is forbidden ) so you may want to take care not to give her the satisfaction of showing your annoyance.
Does any written agreement between you and him exist, about your rights, and his and the company's duties towards you  ? If you are indeed, as you say, a business partner and have contributed significantly toward growing the business, you may have rights you should discuss with a lawyer or a university law clinic.