Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/17

Linzess -Bowel Regime

I have had issues with constipation for a long time. I was hospitalized a few months ago with a volvulus. They think it was related to constipation. SO they changed my bowel regime and started linzess. For the most part it works. I take when i get up and 45-75 minutes later I go. However, if I need to get up and go do something, work, doctors, errands. It does not work. Its like if i have just the slightest bit of stress, and cant just sit and watch tv for 45-75 minutes I cant go. Doc said add miralax. It has not helped. Any suggestions?

- 2019/09/19

Movicol is also good, and you can use it for chronic constipation and IBS, but I do not think you can take linzess and movicol together, but ask your doctor about this. The problem with IBS is that medical treatment does not always work. It could be of benefit to you to find some way of not internalising the stress, some stress relief mechanism. I find that exercise helps a great deal. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.