Question
Posted by: Cleo | 2018/10/10

Leaky Gut syndrome

Good day. I was recently diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome and gut dysbiosis (candida overgrowth etc.) My GP suggested I look into the Metagenics UltraFlora Integrity, but I see Metagenics has a wide range of IBS support. Are there any other good Metagenics products you can recommend for this? I currently take L-glutamine, oreganum oil in the morning, Amipro probiotic in the morning. I'm 33 years old and have been struggling with IBS for about 7 years now. I have no other diagnosed ilnessess, except mild endometriosis.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2018/10/16

Thank you for your question.

I would recommend the Glutagenics supplement as this may help with gut repair and perhaps changing the probiotic to the Ultra Flora Balance as oppose to the Daily Flora you taking.

My suggestion would be to consult with a dietitian for an individualized eating plan that will help you in treating your gut with the correct foods and supplements. Please find a dietitian in your area by visiting www.adsa.org.za