Question
Posted by: Aristotle | 2018/01/23

Knee Cracking & poping appears after Run, Please advise

After a break of a month I went for run on Saturday & just after few minutes I realized that my Knee is started producing Cracking sounds then I stopped running & went back home. But situation was same even after some rest as well. Situation become more worst when I use stairs, it give more sound like ball joint chaffing. It just cause discomfit while walking but I'm not facing any such pain etc. While I am idle there no feeling of any problem but once I tried to bend knee sound become audible. I am icing my Knee after every 4-5 hours, using open patella Knee sleeve for compression support & avoiding excessive walk or stairs. Also using capsule of Glucoamine & chondrotian with vitamin-d supplement. Please advise am I doing right & how long it will take to heal up?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones
- 2018/01/31

If this is becoming unbearable and it does sound as if it really worries you, make an appointment with your GP for a good physical examination. It sounds like wear and tear changes and the cartilage may be damaged, but you need to have this examined.