Posted by: LovLuv | 2013/08/11

Kidney infection with bleeding

last month I had about a 3 week long period bleeding, the doctor did a sonar scan he saw no infections, he put the bleeding down to hormonal imbalance and prescribed tragestral for it. I have been taking the pill everyday at the same time. This past week from Monday I had a feeling of pain/fullness at my pelvic region which I thought was weird because my period ended Monday and I did not understand why I had period  like symptoms on the same day as my period was ending. My period ended that Monday as expected, but from Wednesday I still had the dull pain in my pelvic region but this time it was accompanied by spots of bright red blood which I would notice when I wiped myself after I peed and some pain at my back around the kidney area,  I went to see a gp on Saturday, he said I was presenting symptoms of a sever kidney infection hence the bleeding, painful pelvic region and painful back.  He gave me antibiotics and said that the bleeding was nothing to worry about and it would disappear.   However, the bleeding is still present even though I have been taking medication. I am worried as to what kind of bleeding is this that seems to supersede/ override the effects of "hormone balancing pills- TRAGESTRAL". I am very close to going to the hospital and asking to be admitted, I am very worried about my reproductive organs as I want to have kids and this bleeding has me stressed within an inch of my life!! HELP PLS. What steps do I take next? Where do I go? I can't afford a private gynea as I am not on medical aid anymore, what are the steps I can take to seeing a state specialist without waiting for long periods of time? Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc
- 2013/08/11

Don't be too concerned. It is difficult to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. A hormonal imbalance can be the cause for your symptoms. I suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for an ultrasound and papsmear. A repeat ultrasound can give you peace of mind. I do not think that there is something wrong with your reproductive system.



Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.