Question
Posted by: | 2019/10/10

Isotretinoin and Doxycycline together?

Hi, my doctor prescribed 20mg of Isotretinion 3x a week and 100mg Doxycycline daily. Is this safe? When trying to search for other people's experience with this combo and what emollients they used I found nothing but articles warning against the combination of these two with some very scary side-effects. Please advise. Usually I would ask my doctor but do not want to seem like I trust google more than my doctor but this is quite stressful.

- 2019/10/14

I understand your concern, and I think it is a valid point to raise with your doctor. Both of them (irotretinion and doxy) can make your skin especially sensitive to the sun, so this is already a side-effect that can cause great discomfort. Your doctor might have a good reason for prescribing both, but rather discuss this. And it is okay, all doctors know that patient's google :-), it is expected!