Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2019/04/25

Could this be menopause?

I lost my leg due to cancer as teenager and suffered a lot with chemo for a long time after that as it spread to a lung as well. I have kids today - thank God. I had a lot of trauma during the years following that. I am now 43 and i had no sign that i might be menopausal. My period stopped dead in their tracks now 3 months. I spotted the first two. Hot flushes? Well not really, but it gets warm like hell where we live and dragging my artificial leg, i am always sweating and out of breath. Recently tested my insulin which was a count of 18 - nearly diabetic. So i am now on a very strict doctor's prescription diet to loose some weight to take of my hip and only other knee which i also was told last week by an orthopedic surgeon - needs to be replaced after MRI scans was done. So i am in real bad pain sometimes. The funny thing is, if feel bumps and kicks in my stomach - so severe i cant sleep. But note - i was sterilized 9 years ago. I did a test just to relax my mind - negative. So it surely is bubbles and wind in my intestines. Can it be menopause? No symptoms? Very tired though.

- 2019/04/29

It may be that the weight loss has caused your periods to stop. This is sometimes a  factor. Other causes would be ovarian cysts, hormone imbalance, thyroid problems. I would suggest that you see a  gynae to investigate further. Menopause is a possibility but the other things are probably more likely.