Question
Posted by: Sarese de Villiers | 2019/07/15

Is this a migraine?

From the age of 8 I have been struggling with 'migraine' attacks and i am now 27. My attacks start at my left or right side. It ether start with me net recognizing my arm or with a blind blurring spot in my sight (visual disturbances). Then the numbness craws up from my finger and tow tips to my face. I even struggle to walk when this happen. The next level is my concentration or using of my brain goes crazy, I know my mother’s cell phone number but when I have to enter it in my phone is enter 088899999999 and it I have to tell somebody I am getting an attack, the words comes out completely wrong. Then the headaches start, pounding and Exertional headaches. After a while (hour or two) my body and concentration recovers, but the headaches gets worse. I start to get nausea and then the constant vomiting begins. This goes on for 4 to 7 hours. The next day I have what I call a 'Migraine hangover', weak concentration and headaches that runs as a shock threw my head if I step, or bend down. This hangover lasts for 2 days.

Expert ImageHeadache expert
- 2019/08/10

Dear Sarese,

What you have described is a very typical migraine - you don't have to suffer though - we can definitely eliminate the attacks in most people. Contact The Headache Clinic (Cape Town, Johannesburg) on 011 484 0933, or e-mail to info10@theheadacheclinic.net