Question
Posted by: Confused | 2019/08/12

Is the way I feel normal?

Hi doc, lately I have been feeling so exhausted with life sometimes. Ocassionally, I would feel so exhausted to the point that I wish i was dead. Sometimes when i hear that someone died, I will secretely wish it was me. I dont want to kill myself , I am 38 , a mother of a 10 year old. I would like to live and see my child grow and be there for my baby. Last year was a difficult year for me, discovering that my so-called husband is having kids with another woman behind my back and even bought a house behind my back. I thought I have dealt with all these emotions and i was feel fine now, but I am wondering if how I am feeling these days has anything to do with that.

- 2019/08/13

Hello C,
It would be strange if the unpleasant discoveries about your husband's misbehavior was Not related to your feeling bad : anyone would be saddened by such discoveries.  But it sounds, more broadly, as though you have, very understandably, become depressed. Depression is a common, serious and unpleasant disorder, but one which responds well to proper treatment.
Sometimes, the predominant feature may not be obvious sadness/depression as such, but more the type of world-weary gloom you seem to be describing. 
It would be wise for you to see the right sort of expert for direct assessment and a discussion of treatment options.  For depression, these would include CBT-style counselling / psychotherapy ( Cognitive-Behavior Therapy ) and/or medications.  Depending on which stream of therapy you'd prefer, you could see a psychologist ( more likely to be able to offer CBT or something like it ) or a psychiatrist, more likely to suggest medicines.  It is well worth investing time and effort in such treatments, because depression can be brought under control, and you could have a brighter future, ( and so would your child ) able to find pleasure and duldillment in life.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2019/08/13

Wow - what a lot to have gone through. Tough lady even if you don't feel it right now. How did you deal with it - did you have counseling? I can tell you I have been there and my kid is 11. You will feel better with the right help just give yourself some time to get going again. It is normal to feel tired and hopeless after a major trauma - there is nothing wrong with you, you are a woman with feelings. I always hold onto this - suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You know you feel so bad, then a few days later you think what was I thinking - all would be lost now. My father committed suicide and it left me devastated even though I never loved him - don't do this for the sake of your child - it will stay with him forever and ever it happened in 1984 and I am still learning to cope. You need to get the right kind of assistance and help and you will heal and be able to cope. Be kind to yourself it is OK for you to acknowledge your feelings. But Cybershrink will be able to point you in the right direction. Keep posting so we know how you are progressing. A Sister who knows how this feels xx