Question
Posted by: Confused | 2019/08/12

Is the way I feel normal?

Hi doc, lately I have been feeling so exhausted with life sometimes. Ocassionally, I would feel so exhausted to the point that I wish i was dead. Sometimes when i hear that someone died, I will secretely wish it was me. I dont want to kill myself , I am 38 , a mother of a 10 year old. I would like to live and see my child grow and be there for my baby. Last year was a difficult year for me, discovering that my so-called husband is having kids with another woman behind my back and even bought a house behind my back. I thought I have dealt with all these emotions and i was feel fine now, but I am wondering if how I am feeling these days has anything to do with that.

- 2019/08/13

Hello C,
It would be strange if the unpleasant discoveries about your husband's misbehavior was Not related to your feeling bad : anyone would be saddened by such discoveries.  But it sounds, more broadly, as though you have, very understandably, become depressed. Depression is a common, serious and unpleasant disorder, but one which responds well to proper treatment.
Sometimes, the predominant feature may not be obvious sadness/depression as such, but more the type of world-weary gloom you seem to be describing. 
It would be wise for you to see the right sort of expert for direct assessment and a discussion of treatment options.  For depression, these would include CBT-style counselling / psychotherapy ( Cognitive-Behavior Therapy ) and/or medications.  Depending on which stream of therapy you'd prefer, you could see a psychologist ( more likely to be able to offer CBT or something like it ) or a psychiatrist, more likely to suggest medicines.  It is well worth investing time and effort in such treatments, because depression can be brought under control, and you could have a brighter future, ( and so would your child ) able to find pleasure and duldillment in life.